Monday, January 31, 2011

It pains me

I was on vacation last Christmas in Manila and got an opportunity to see my former colleague who worked with me in Africa for about 2 years, I guessed so. She had resigned long ago and now happened to work in Makati. Things are not so good with her financially. In fact, she is in heavy debt with her credit card company. She could barely pay the interest. It was quite frustrating to see her in such dire situation.

While we were eating in a cozy restaurant, we talked about those good and bad old days when we were still working with our strange and evil boss. Suddenly, she murmured to me that I had a nice and costly shirt. She further said that oh my husband could not afford to buy such kind of T-shirt. What she said actually pierced my heart since this a lady who happened to love buying costly and quality stuff during the time she was still earning well from her short stint working abroad. Now, they are suffering and need to tighten up their belts even more. Well, since I am still working overseas, I borrowed or should I say gave her US$300.00 to enable her to at least ease their burden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home