Sunday, July 8, 2007

When I was in College, I hated the subject English. To tell you frankly, I was not really happy to be present in class listening and learning it. It seems that whatever I do to grasp the ideas, grammars and its underlying writing principles it didn’t permanently stay in my mind. I didn’t know why. Every time the teacher asked us to write an essay I begin to stumble looking for words to flow through my pen. Do I lack imagination to paint a picture of words that will convey a story?.

I find it hard to learn the rudiment of English Grammar and this incapacitates me to express my thoughts. But, I am not yet putting the flag down and surrender. I guess it is not yet too late to try learning it. I should read and write more. As they say, practice makes things perfect. With this new technology, all readable things are available with just few hits of buttons on my laptop.

My fear of English Language took me to study accountancy. Well, math is easy and it is an exact science. I find math a straightforward concept wherein when you say one plus one is always two and it will not change. Not like the English Language that I need to deal with regular and irregular verbs. In English when you add S to any noun it will become plural but you need to add s. In contract, the verb supposed to have s whenever the subject related to it is in singular form (first person). Pero teka what is the point posting this. Wala lang gusto ko lang magsulat kahit walang katuturan.

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2007 at 9:30 AM , Blogger reyna elena said...

heck! i was lousy with the english language wen i started as well! it's one of those challenges we have in school.

pers you learn english and then you learn the subject, hirap di ba?

you probably know the subject in your head but you can't answer the question correctly because you dont know english. double jeopardy ba?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home