Sunday, February 13, 2011

A few good men

Looking back years ago, I remembered my colleague and friend who worked with me in Africa for almost seven years. Among my circle friends I have, he is quite different and somehow strange. He came from Bacolod and was raised by upper middle class parents who are strict and very religious. In this story, I will name him Bob. His parents as well as Bob are all Baptist.

Bob is not only very religious but also a straight guy who obeys his parent’s wishes and instructions. He doesn’t smoke, drink alcohol nor womanize. I considered him an epitome of being a righteous person. He graduated with honors and he is a product of Don Bosco - Makati. In fact, he was a top-notcher when he took his board examination in Mechanical Engineering. We were all single when I met him. At that time, I was made to believe that Bob will definitely be a good father and perfect husband.

Fast forward, today we were all married and like me Bob had one beautiful daughter too. His family had migrated to USA 6 years ago. What actually shocked me when I learnt few months ago from Bob’s wife that they had actually separated. In my mind, I don’t believe that it was happening. Bob’s wife told me that she was perturbed by constant verbal tussle and fights occurring almost everyday. Worst of all, there were several instances that Bob somehow beat his wife and daughter.

I find it really hard to believe that Bob had changed and he changed for worst. Accordingly, Bob had failed to provide financial support to his daughter. I lost contact with Bob and I didn’t hear his side of story. Truly life is unpredictable. A few good men could turn bad.

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2014 at 3:24 PM , Blogger j0najum said...

Hello Sir, are you still working at Africa? curious lang po kasi ako dahil mgtatrabaho po jan ang kapatid ko next month.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home